Throughout 2023, amidst various challenges in the NHS and successes, Apira stood out for its commitment, expertise and achievements in partnering with a variety of NHS trusts, and driving transformative projects across the sector. The last 12 months have been a period of significant growth and expansion for Apira, and we are incredible proud of all our teams who have supported so many trusts to successfully deliver projects over the year.
Apira’s business footprint expanded significantly in 2023 through collaborations with several well known NHS trusts, each marking a step towards enhancing healthcare services for both clinicians and patients. These have included:
- Sussex Partnership: Collaborated on extending the Electronic Patient Record (EPR) business case, reinforcing the foundation for advanced patient data management.
- Devon Partnership: Provided a team to support the rapid deployment of an EPR systems, empowering improved healthcare delivery within the trust.
- Essex Partnership University Trust, Mid and South Essex Foundation Trust, Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust, Buckingham Healthcare NHS Trust, The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Government of Jersey: Engaged in diverse initiatives, ranging from joint financial and benefits support to system deployments and procurement strategies, driving efficiency and excellence in healthcare operations.
Apira’s impact extended beyond our traditional boundaries, embarking on transformative projects that reshaped healthcare delivery in new areas:
- Maternity Transformation Projects: Collaborated with Northern Care Alliance and University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust supporting the delivery of a number of innovative maternity system deployment projects.
- Digital Transformation Initiatives: Engaged with trusts including Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Warrington and Halton Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust, Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, and Barking, Havering, and Redbridge University Trust, ushering in digital dictation, readiness assessments, and cloud based PACS systems, to help transform healthcare technology landscapes.
Once again, this year, Apira has delivered on our commitment to supporting communities and charitable causes, including donating over £12,000 to organisations including the George Oliver Foundation and Shooting Stars Children’s Hospice. Additionally, our participation in industry events such as HFMA, HPN, and Re–wired underscored our dedication to knowledge sharing and networking.
Our growth this year hasn’t been limited to projects alone. We have welcomed new talent, adding five full-time permanent staff and multiple associates to our ranks. In September, a pivotal moment arrived as Alan Brown moved into the role of Managing Director while Mark Jones transitioned to the Executive Chair position, ensuring continued strategic leadership and guidance.
Reflecting on a year of expansive growth, innovative projects, and unwavering commitment, we eagerly anticipate the opportunities 2024 will bring. Our pioneering spirit, coupled with strategic partnerships and a passionate team, positions us as one of the leaders in Digital healthcare consultancy, poised to drive continued advancements that will shape the future of healthcare.
In summary, 2023 stands as a testament to Apira’s dedication to pushing boundaries, fostering collaborations, and making meaningful contributions to the healthcare industry. As we look forward to the future, we remain steadfast in our commitment to shaping a brighter and more efficient healthcare future.